Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What grip?

Hi all,

I' m interested to hear what grip you use on your hockey stick and why you choose it?
    Me personally I use a Gribbid Pro Grip (thought mine are customised with my logo and I do sell them at the same price as regular Gribbid Pro grips at www.BossFHockey.com - shameless plug) but I am starting to branch out again and try more grips to compare them and maybe offer a bit of a review. I am currently trying the Ribbon Cork and Ribbon Sleeve Grips and they both seem alright so far but i have only used them both for about 20 mins.

I like a grip under my left hand with substantial thickness and the ability to mold it to the shape of my hand, (I also mold a ridge as a marker for the placement of my right hand) so I have invented my own method. I use hessian builder's scrim (which provides a great dry deep textured grip) laid over acrylic flooring adhesive. I use a flat latex resistance band while the adhesive is drying, to provide a good bond and a firm feel to the finish. It's not a pretty way of making a grip but it is very effective and fairly cheap.

Comment

What I always say- from trying both gribbid and Chamrox chamois grips. Gribbids are definitely softer, whilst chamrox tend to have a much rougher feel to them. I also find that Chamrox grips will slide about and bunch up more in the wet than a gribbid. Not sure which I prefer, but at the moment I am leaning more towards Gribbid. I currently use Osaka SX tape on my gk stick, with a chamrox on my outfield stick.

Comment

I've been alternating between Gribbid Pro Grips and Chamrox for the 5 years. I find that both grips cope well with the awful Scottish weather and I've never had an issue with keeping my stick in my hand. I think that the Gribbid grips age better as I find they go bobbly but stay soft while the Chamrox grips bobble a lot less but seem to go hard.

​​​​​​Maybe the new generation of Chamrox Elite are worth a look and a review?

Comment

Originally posted by tomaaa View Post
          What I always say- from trying both gribbid and Chamrox chamois grips. Gribbids are definitely softer, whilst chamrox tend to have a much rougher feel to them. I also find that Chamrox grips will slide about and bunch up more in the wet than a gribbid. Not sure which I prefer, but at the moment I am leaning more towards Gribbid. I currently use Osaka SX tape on my gk stick, with a chamrox on my outfield stick.
          Gribbid make the Osaka s*xtaoe grip 😉

Comment